Get ready to be swept away by the incredible flavor and texture of this Almond Orange Cake.
The blend of almond and orange creates a symphony of flavors that’s both refreshing and comforting.
Perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a family gathering, a special celebration, or just a desire for something sweet and unique, this cake is sure to amaze everyone who tries it.
Why You’ll Love Almond Orange Cake
- Exquisite Flavor Combination: The almond and orange blend together beautifully, offering a delightful balance of nuttiness and citrus.
- Moist and Tender Texture: Thanks to the almond flour and careful folding of egg whites, this cake boasts a wonderfully moist and tender crumb.
- Simple Elegance: The cake’s simplicity is its elegance. It’s not overly complicated but is packed with sophisticated flavors.
- Perfect for All Occasions: Whether it’s a formal dinner or a casual afternoon tea, this cake fits in seamlessly.
- A Healthier Option: Made with almond flour, this cake is a great option for those looking for a gluten-free treat.
Ingredients You Need To Make Almond Orange Cake
- Finely ground blanched almond flour
- Almond extract
- Orange juice
- Ground ginger
- Kosher salt
- Eggs, separated
- Orange zest
- Raw sliced almonds
- Powdered sugar (for topping)
How To Make Almond Orange Cake
- Start by preheating your oven and preparing the springform pan.
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks and set aside.
- Cream sugar and egg yolks, then add milk, zest, and juice.
- Mix in the dry ingredients.
- Gently fold in the beaten egg whites.
- Pour the batter into the pan, sprinkle with almonds, and bake.
- Allow the cake to cool and dust with powdered sugar.
Commonly Asked Questions
Can I Use Regular Flour Instead of Almond Flour?
This recipe is specifically designed for almond flour to create its unique texture and flavor.
How Long Will This Cake Keep?
Stored in an airtight container, it can last for several days at room temperature.
Can I Add More Citrus Flavors?
Yes, feel free to experiment with lemon zest or juice for a different twist.
Is This Cake Suitable for Those with Nut Allergies?
As it contains almond flour and extract, it’s not suitable for those with nut allergies.
- 1 3/4 cups finely ground blanched almond flour
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 eggs separated
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp orange zest
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup raw sliced almonds
- Topping: 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9" springform pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Separate the eggs. Place the egg whites in a mixing bowl and beat until stiff peaks form. Set them aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the sugar and egg yolks. Beat for 3 minutes until the mixture is creamy.
- Mix in the milk, orange zest, and orange juice.
- Add the dry ingredients: finely ground blanched almond flour, almond extract, ground ginger, and kosher salt. Mix well.
- Gently fold in the beaten egg whites into the cake batter.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared springform pan.
- Sprinkle the raw sliced almonds on top of the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely.
- Dust the top with powdered sugar just before serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 7 Serving Size 1 Slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 265Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 107mgSodium 135mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 3gSugar 22gProtein 9g
Almond Orange Cake is more than just a treat; it’s a celebration of flavors and textures. The nutty richness of almonds combined with the bright, zesty flavor of orange creates a cake that’s not only delicious but also visually appealing with its golden hue and sprinkle of sliced almonds.
Whether you’re serving it at a brunch, as a dessert after dinner, or as a snack with coffee, this cake is sure to delight. So, grab your apron and let’s bake a cake that’s sure to become a new favorite!