You know, when the winter chill sets in, there’s this magical combo that warms not just your hands but your soul too – chocolate and peppermint. And guess what? I’ve got the perfect way for us to cozy up and enjoy this delightful duo – Mocha Peppermint Cookies! These little bites are like a sweet hug for your taste buds, and they’re so easy to whip up that it almost feels like magic in the kitchen. Imagine the rich, deep chocolate flavor meeting the cool, refreshing kick of peppermint – it’s like a winter wonderland in every bite.
Why You’ll Love Mocha Peppermint Cookies
- Decadent Chocolate Goodness: The combination of cocoa powder and chocolate chips results in cookies with a deep, rich chocolate flavor. Each bite is a moment of pure indulgence.
- Refreshing Peppermint Twist: The addition of peppermint extract adds a refreshing twist to the cookies, balancing the sweetness with a cool, minty flavor that enhances the overall taste.
- Easy and Quick: These cookies come together in a breeze, requiring just a few simple steps. With minimal prep and baking time, they’re a perfect go-to recipe for satisfying sudden sweet cravings.
- Versatile Treats: Whether you’re baking for a holiday party, a winter gathering, or just treating yourself, Mocha Peppermint Cookies are versatile and suit any occasion.
- Kid-Friendly Fun: Get the kids involved in the kitchen and make baking a fun family activity. These cookies are simple enough for little helpers to join in the excitement.
What You Need To Make Mocha Peppermint Cookies
- Mixing bowl
- Electric mixer or hand mixer
- Two cookie sheets
- Parchment paper
- Cookie scoop
Ingredients You Need To Make Mocha Peppermint Cookies
- Butter, room temperature
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Peppermint extract
- Baking soda
- All-purpose flour
- Cocoa powder
- Chocolate chips
How To Make Mocha Peppermint Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, beat room-temperature butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in vanilla extract, peppermint extract, and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine baking soda, cornstarch, flour, and cocoa powder. Gradually add to the wet mixture and mix until incorporated.
- Gently fold chocolate chips into the cookie dough.
- Use a cookie scoop to portion out cookies on parchment-lined sheets. Bake for 10-13 minutes.
- Once cooled, frost with chocolate frosting and sprinkle with crushed peppermint candy.
Commonly Asked Questions
Can I use other extracts instead of peppermint?
While peppermint adds a festive touch, you can experiment with flavors like almond or mint for a unique twist.
How long do these cookies stay fresh?
Stored in an airtight container, these cookies stay fresh for up to a week.
Can I freeze the cookie dough for later?
Yes, you can freeze the dough in portions and bake later for fresh cookies on demand.
Can I skip the chocolate frosting?
Absolutely, these cookies are delicious on their own. The frosting adds an extra layer of sweetness.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Chocolate frosting
- Crushed peppermint candy
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, add the room-temperature butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Beat on high for 5 minutes until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Mix in the vanilla extract, peppermint extract, and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients: baking soda, cornstarch, all-purpose flour, and cocoa powder. Mix well.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix until just incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips into the cookie dough.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and use a cookie scoop to portion out equal-sized cookies, leaving 2 inches of space between them.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until the cookies are set.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool completely.
- Once the cookies are cool, frost them with chocolate frosting and sprinkle them with crushed peppermint candy.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving Calories 432Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 72mgSodium 302mgCarbohydrates 56gFiber 3gSugar 34gProtein 5g
Indulge in the joy of baking with Mocha Peppermint Cookies. Their easy prep and delicious combination of chocolate and peppermint makes these cookies a winter treat that brings warmth and happiness to any occasion. Share them with loved ones or savor them solo – either way, you’re in for a delightful experience. Happy baking!