Carrot Cake Cookies offer a delightful and convenient way to enjoy the flavors of a classic carrot cake without the need for slicing. Perfect for parties and gatherings, these cookies bring together the sweetness of carrots and the richness of cream cheese frosting in every bite. The ease of scooping makes them a go-to treat for both novice and experienced bakers alike.
Why You’ll Love Carrot Cake Cookies
- Easy to Make: This recipe simplifies the process of enjoying carrot cake by transforming it into easily scooped cookies. With straightforward instructions, even those new to baking can whip up a batch effortlessly.
- Delicious Flavor: Indulge in the delectable combination of finely grated carrots, warm spices like cinnamon and nutmeg, all enveloped in a chewy cookie. The result is a heavenly treat that captures the essence of carrot cake.
- Sweet Sensation: Satisfy your sweet tooth with the perfect balance of sugars, creating a cookie that is just sweet enough without being overpowering. It’s a delightful treat for those who enjoy a hint of sweetness in every bite.
- Ideal for Special Occasions: Whether you’re hosting a party or attending a potluck, these cookies are a crowd-pleaser. Their bite-sized nature makes them a convenient and elegant addition to any dessert spread.
- Versatile: Customize your Carrot Cake Cookies by adding nuts or raisins for extra texture, or experiment with different spice blends to tailor the flavor to your liking.
What You Need To Make Carrot Cake Cookies
- Mixing bowls
- Electric mixer
- Baking sheets
- Parchment paper or silpat
- Wire rack
- Measuring cups and spoons
Ingredients You Need To Make Carrot Cake Cookies
- Finely grated carrots
- All-purpose flour
- Unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Kosher salt
- Vanilla extract
- Large eggs
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Baking soda
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground allspice
- Ground nutmeg
How To Make Carrot Cake Cookies
Preparation: In a mixing bowl, combine sugars and butter. Mix on high, add eggs, carrots, and vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients and add to the wet mix. Refrigerate the dough for 3 hours.
Preheat & Prep: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpat.
Scooping & Baking: Use an ice cream scoop to place equal-sized cookies on the sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cookies should appear slightly underdone in the center.
Cooling: Allow cookies to rest on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cream Cheese Frosting: Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk to achieve desired consistency. Top cooled cookies with frosting and chopped pecans.
Commonly Asked Questions
Can I make the dough ahead and freeze it?
Yes, you can freeze the dough. Wrap it tightly and store it in an airtight container for up to a month. Thaw in the fridge before baking.
Can I omit the cream cheese frosting?
Absolutely! These cookies are delicious on their own, but the cream cheese frosting adds an extra layer of flavor.
Can I store these cookies?
Store the cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Be sure they are completely cooled before storing to prevent condensation.
How can I adjust the sweetness of the frosting?
Control the sweetness of the frosting by adjusting the amount of powdered sugar added. More sugar results in a sweeter frosting.
Why did my cookies turn out too flat and spread too much during baking?
If your cookies spread excessively, it could be due to warm or softened butter. Ensure the butter is at the right temperature; it should be softened but not overly warm or melted. Additionally, refrigerating the dough for the recommended time is crucial. If the dough is too warm when placed in the oven, it can cause excessive spreading. Also, double-check that the baking soda measurement is accurate as too much leavening agent can lead to spreading.
My cream cheese frosting is too runny. How can I thicken it?
If the cream cheese frosting is too runny, gradually add more powdered sugar in small increments until you reach the desired consistency. Conversely, if it’s too thick, you can adjust by adding a small amount of milk at a time until it reaches the desired spreading consistency. Always make these adjustments in small quantities to avoid over-thickening or thinning the frosting too much.
- Carrot Cake Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups finely grated carrots
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-4 tablespoons milk
- Preparation: In a mixing bowl, combine both sugars and the butter. Mix on high for 5 minutes. Add in the eggs, grated carrots, and vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients thoroughly, then add them to the wet ingredients. Mix on high only until incorporated. Avoid overmixing. Wrap the dough tightly and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Preheat & Prep: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line three cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpat.
- Scooping & Baking: Using an ice cream scoop, scoop equal-sized cookies, leaving 2 inches of space between them on the prepared sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes. The cookies should appear slightly underdone in the center but not jiggly. Note: Longer baking will result in a more cake-like consistency.
- Cooling: After baking, allow the cookies to rest on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cream Cheese Frosting: In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, 3 cups powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and start with 2 tablespoons of milk. Adjust the consistency by adding more milk if the frosting is too firm or more powdered sugar if too loose.
- Finishing Touch: Top the cooled cookies with cream cheese frosting and sprinkle chopped pecans on top. Enjoy your delightful Carrot Cake Cookies!
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 396Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 41mgSodium 109mgCarbohydrates 76gFiber 1gSugar 65gProtein 2g
Indulge in the simplicity of creating these delightful Carrot Cake Cookies that encapsulate the essence of a classic carrot cake in every bite. With an easy preparation process, delicious flavor profile, and versatile options for customization, this recipe caters to both novice bakers and seasoned enthusiasts. Perfect for special occasions or casual gatherings, these cookies offer a sweet sensation that is sure to leave a lasting impression.