If you’re on the lookout for a dessert that’s both easy to make and incredibly delicious, look no further than this Pear Cranberry Tart. It’s a combination of sweet pears and tangy cranberry flavors embraced by a flaky pie crust, resulting in a dessert that’s not only visually appealing but also a perfect treat for any occasion.
Why You’ll Love Pear Cranberry Tart
- Easy to Make: One of the standout features of this recipe is its simplicity. With just a handful of ingredients and straightforward steps, even those with minimal baking experience can create a show-stopping dessert.
- Delicious Flavor Combination: The marriage of sweet pears and tart cranberries is a flavor match made in dessert heaven. Each bite offers a perfect balance of sweetness and tanginess, creating a palate-pleasing experience.
- Perfect for Any Occasion: Whether you’re hosting a dinner party, celebrating a special occasion, or just craving a vibrant dessert, this Pear Cranberry Tart fits the bill.
- Beautiful Presentation: The thinly sliced pears arranged in a decorative pattern on top of the cranberry jelly-covered crust not only enhance the flavor but also make for a visually stunning dessert.
- Versatile Serving Options: Enjoy this tart warm or at room temperature, allowing you to tailor its presentation to suit your preference. It’s a versatile dessert that adapts to different serving scenarios.
What You Need To Make Pear Cranberry Tart
- 8″ round tart pan
- Nonstick spray
- Measuring cups/spoons
Ingredients You Need To Make Pear Cranberry Tart
- Pie crust
- Cranberry jelly
- Powdered sugar
How To Make Pear Cranberry Tart
Preheat the oven to 400°F and spray an 8″ round tart pan with nonstick spray.
Place the pie crust into the prepared tart pan. Spread the cranberry jelly evenly over the pie crust.
Thinly slice the pears and arrange them in a decorative pattern on top of the cranberry jelly-covered crust.
Bake the tart in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until the crust turns golden brown.
Once baked, remove the tart from the oven and allow it to cool.
Dust the top of the cooled tart with powdered sugar.
Serve the Pear Cranberry Tart either warm or at room temperature.
Commonly Asked Questions
Can I use a different type of jelly?
Absolutely! While cranberry jelly provides a delightful tanginess, feel free to experiment with your favorite fruit jellies for a unique twist.
Can I make this tart in advance?
Certainly! This Pear Cranberry Tart holds up well, making it a fantastic make-ahead dessert for busy days or planned events.
What’s the best way to store leftovers?
To keep the tart fresh, store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can reheat it gently in the oven if desired.
Can I add other fruits to the tart?
Yes, get creative! While the pear-cranberry combination is divine, feel free to experiment with other fruits like apples or berries to suit your taste.
- 1 pie crust
- 2 pears
- 1 cup cranberry jelly
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and spray an 8" round tart pan with nonstick spray.
- Place the pie crust into the prepared tart pan. Spread the cranberry jelly evenly over the pie crust.
- Thinly slice the pears and arrange them in a decorative pattern on top of the cranberry jelly-covered crust.
- Bake the tart in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until the crust turns golden brown.
- Once baked, remove the tart from the oven and allow it to cool.
- Dust the top of the cooled tart with powdered sugar.
- Serve the Pear Cranberry Tart either warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 182Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 0mgSodium 92mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 2gSugar 17gProtein 2g
Indulging in the Pear Cranberry Tart is like taking a flavorful journey. From its effortless preparation to the stunning presentation and bright taste, every aspect of this recipe contributes to a delicious dessert experience.