As the leaves turn and the air grows crisp, there’s nothing quite like the comforting aroma of pumpkin bread baking in the oven. This Pumpkin Bread recipe captures the essence of fall, offering a delicious and easy-to-make treat that’s perfect for any time of day.
Whether you’re enjoying it as a cozy breakfast or as an afternoon snack, this bread brings the warmth and flavors of the season straight to your table.
Why You’ll Love This Pumpkin Bread
- Seasonal Flavor: The combination of pumpkin puree and spices like nutmeg and allspice creates a quintessential fall flavor that is both delicious and comforting.
- Versatile Enjoyment: This bread is great for any occasion – it’s a wonderful start to your morning, a tasty snack in the afternoon, or even a sweet addition to an evening meal.
- Simple to Make: The recipe is straightforward and doesn’t require any complicated baking techniques, making it accessible for bakers of all levels.
- Perfect Texture: This Pumpkin Bread comes out moist and tender every time, with a delightful balance of spice and sweetness.
- Enjoyed by Everyone: Its universally appealing flavor profile makes it a hit with both kids and adults, making it a great option for family gatherings or potlucks.
Ingredients Needed To Make Pumpkin Bread
- All-purpose flour
- Pumpkin puree
- Vanilla extract
- Kosher salt
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Ground cloves
How To Make Pumpkin Bread
- Begin by preheating your oven and preparing your bread pan.
- Beat sugar and eggs until fluffy.
- Incorporate pumpkin puree and vanilla extract.
- Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Gradually combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the bread pan and bake.
- Check for doneness with a toothpick.
- Allow to cool before slicing and serving.
Commonly Asked Questions
Can I Add Nuts or Raisins?
Yes, feel free to customize the recipe by adding nuts, raisins, or even chocolate chips.
How Should I Store the Leftover Pumpkin Bread?
Keep it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week, or freeze it for longer storage.
Can I Use Homemade Pumpkin Puree?
Certainly! Homemade pumpkin puree can be a great touch, just ensure it’s not too watery.
Is This Bread Healthy?
While this bread is a treat, it does contain the goodness of pumpkin. For a healthier version, you could try reducing the sugar or using whole wheat flour.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 2 eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Spray a 10x5 (or 8x4) bread pan with nonstick baking spray. Note that if you use an 8x4 pan, the baking time will be slightly longer.
3. In a mixing bowl, add the sugar and eggs. Beat for 3 minutes until the mixture is well combined and slightly fluffy.
4. Mix in the pumpkin puree and vanilla extract until fully incorporated.
5. In a separate bowl, combine all the dry ingredients: all-purpose flour, nutmeg, allspice, kosher salt, baking powder, baking soda, and ground cloves. Mix well.
6. Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture into the wet ingredients, mixing until you have a smooth batter.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared bread pan.
8. Bake for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. Allow the pumpkin bread to cool completely before slicing and enjoying.
Nutrition InformationYield 7 Serving Size 1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 364Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 53mgSodium 453mgCarbohydrates 81gFiber 2gSugar 52gProtein 6g
Pumpkin Bread is more than just a recipe; it’s a celebration of fall’s flavors and the joy of baking. This bread’s tender crumb, rich pumpkin taste, and harmonious blend of spices make it a must-try during the autumn season. It’s a simple yet satisfying way to bring a touch of homemade warmth to your table. So, grab your apron, and let’s bake some Pumpkin Bread to truly savor the season!